Home | Company Info | Commercial | Residential | Contact Us
Amazon Construction Co., Inc. is a woman-owned company licensed in the State of Hawaii. Founded in August, 1981 by Jane Onaga, the company has grown into one of the leading construction companies within the State, having been awarded numerous multi-million dollar contracts over the years.
Amazon specializes in both commercial and residential demolition, mass excavation, clearing, grubbing and hauling. Some of the more recent projects Amazon has undertaken include:
- demolition and removal of nearly 200 family housing units at the Hale Moku Family Naval Base Housing complex
- hauling approximately 500,000 cubic yards of coral and fill material from the Kapolei Hawaiian Homes Project
- clearing and grubbing of vegetation material for Mililani Ike Elementary School
- demolition and removal of Kapiolani Shopping Center, two-story CMU Shopping Plaza
- demolition and removal of Longs Drug Store in Kailua
- demolition, removal, clearing, grubbing and site work for The Watermark
- clearing and grubbing of 11 acres of vegetation material for Servco in Campbell Industrial Park
- numerous demolition and removal projects for residential homeowners, and many more.
Ms. Onaga is listed in the National Register's Who's Who in Executives & Professionals. She is the first licensed female demolition contractor in the State of Hawaii. In 1984, she was formally recognized by the Honolulu City Council with a resolution in recognition of being selected the 1983-1984 Kalihi Small Business Woman of the Year by the Kalihi Business Association.
Amazon Construction has been listed as one of the top 25 female-owned companies in Pacific Business News for years and featured in publications such as Builders News Hawaii, Hawai'i Woman, Hawaii Investor, RSVP, MidWeek, and Intelligent Power.
Copyright 2007 Amazon Construction Co., Inc.
All Rights Reserved